Tuesday, August 20, 2013

No Faceplants

Some decisions in life are harder than others. Usually the tough ones are those in which we aren't sure of the outcome. It's easy to be bold when you know the landing will be soft. It's a lot harder when your have absolutely no idea if you're going to faceplant on gravel or somehow sprout wings and soar. (I'm sure there's something in between the two but I seem to be prone to one or the other.)

Apparently I'm not all that afraid of a frequent faceplant because more often than not I make decisions with no idea of the outcome. I'm kind of an all or nothing gal so it's hard for me to do something with less than all my energy. Trust me, there are days when I wish I knew how to half-ass a job. Unfortunately, in my forty-one years of life, I have yet to perfect this skill. So, when I know I'm done putting my heart into something, I tend to move on, even if I have no idea what's next.

I've made no secret my latest job sucked. Finally, one day a few weeks ago, I decided enough was enough. I changed the date on the already-typed resignation letter on my computer and the deed was done. Do I have another full-time job? No. Could this be a really bad idea? Yes.  Does that scare the crap out of me? Uh-huh. Is that going to stop me? Nope, because in the end, sometimes you have to let go of the crappy stuff in life so you can work your butt off toward something better.

Here's to hoping for wings instead of faceplants.....

No comments:

Post a Comment