Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Ely

Two and a half monster days of driving landed me in Ely, MN on Monday afternoon. They call it The End of the Road. I love the end of the road.

My Monday night dinner:
Which I enjoyed here on the public access dock:

Tuesday morning my feet were finally a little less swollen after the marathon so I did a hike around Bass Lake. Amazing scenery with a wet east side:

And a drier west side:

The night ended with Tuesday Night Live in town, where bands played all over town. There were even some guys playing in the garage behind the laundromat. I ended up here, on top of the van, taking in the scene and listening to Pat Surface and the Boundary Waters Boys:


The local kids even do sign language to some of the songs.

Not a bad way to spend the evening!


1 comment:

  1. Sounded like a wonderful experience in "the Northwoods" of MN. I once spent two weeks paddling a canoe in that water wilderness area. Amazing trek with lifetime memories!

    ReplyDelete